Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Quilt Show entry

SewCal Gal is sponsoring a Christmas Quilt Show check out all the great quilts.

I purchased 12 FQ's at Cottonpickers Quilt Shop of the new Moda Northwoods Botanical from Holly Taylor. Using that fabric I designed my second EQ7 quilt, it's a smaller version of Simple Star Pattern by Paula Barnes available at Bonnie Blue Quilts.



Cottonpickers Quilt Shop has the full size version of this quilt.  I decided to downsize the quilt to 3" half square triangles, so it finished at 33" by 33".  I made up my Simple Star Wallhanging, and then completed my Christmas Train to Grandma's. Each block is 8" by 8" and the finished quilt will be 44" by 60".
 


The remaining pieces were made into the sides for my Christmas Tote.



Each side is 15" by 15"

I purchased some additional yardage to complete the borders, bindings and backings.

I hope you enjoyed my entries in the 2010 Christmas Quilt Show!!




14 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow, you did a lot with that fabric. All the projects have really turned out nicely.

Pat said...

Love the fabrics and your quilts! Good job!

Nina Marie said...

What nice Christmas projects!!

SewCalGal said...

Darlene,

Beautiful quilts. I also love how you shared your EQ design and your quilt. Inspirational. Really beautiful Christmas quilts.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

SewCalGal said...

Darlene,

Beautiful quilts. I also love how you shared your EQ design and your quilt. Inspirational. Really beautiful Christmas quilts. Great job!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Carol said...

They are all very pretty.

Nancy Sue said...

Well, you have been very busy!! Love both quilts, especially the Simple Star version. Thank you for sharing your talented work with us.
Go Buckeyes!

Nanbon44 said...

lovely quilts, thank you for sharing with us

Kim said...

Both quilts are beautiful.

Kim said...

I commented but don't know if it went through. Love your quilts.

Quiltbenaco said...

Bellissimi tessuti, belle trapunte!
Grazie
Ciao Domenica

Teresa said...

They are both beautiful quilts, Love your fabric choices! Thank you for sharing...

QuiltSue said...

Great fabrics and you made good use of them. I love your quilts.

Quilthaze said...

I love both quilts and the Christmas Totes design is my favourite!