Friday, March 16, 2012

New York Beauty - Paper/Foundation Piecing


Definition of Paper Piecing - Quilting technique in which a design is printed onto paper and fabric pieces are stitched together on the paper for accuracy.

I'm not very experienced at paper piecing.  I have a tendency to not use a large enough piece of fabric to cover the foundation area I'm working with!



So when Karen Neary from Sew Karen-ly Created was asking for pattern testers on a pattern using a New York Beauty block I volunteered.

I can't show you the completed project yet, but it turned out great!!!

It's amazing to me how a block that starts out with this component,


ends up looking like this?


1 comment:

Karen said...

Just look at those perfect points! Your quilt is lovely, Darlene - you've done a super job. Thanks so much.