Friday, November 12, 2010

Darlene's Quilt Show Day 1

Last Friday I had my friend Leita over for lunch and to show her the quilts I have worked on in the last 3.5 years since I started quilting again.  I'm going to have a number of posts that tell the story behind the 20 quilts that I have had longarmed and the quilt tops that are waiting to be quilted.  

Leita helped me to get started quilting 20 years ago by opening The Country Hutch on Main Street in Geneva, Ohio.  I was working 4 - 10 hour days at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant at the time, so I was able to join the Lake Shore Quilters which met at the Country Hutch on Mondays.  


I was one of the younger members, so it was a great learning experience.  The quilts and projects that those ladies made and are still making really impressed me.


One of the quilts that I have worked is the Friendship Block quilt that these ladies helped me make.  The setting I choose ended up making the quilt 108" by 108".  It will take a while for me to get the binding done on this one!


Doris and Norma were nice enough hold up the quilt top so I could get a picture.  I'm glad I have this picture because Doris passed away this summer.


After I picked up the quilt from Jennifer McCann, another friend named Doris let me spread it out on her King size bed.  I'm going to need a big wall to display this one when it's done!!!

I hope you will enjoy reading about the quilts in Darlene's Quilt Show!!







No comments: