Saturday, October 13, 2012

Feathered Star - Chapter 5


Here is what my Feathered star looks like prior to adding the background and borders.


I have selected the background for behind the star.
 
 
And then I started auditioning fabrics for the border.

With the feather tips being light and medium I struggled using the fabric I had.  Most of them ranged from light to medium.  Fortunately Quilts and Sew Forth was running their batiks on sale so what is a girl to do???  I picked up some more Merlot which was used in the center and then a couple more purples that are darker.  I think they will blend together but still be dark enough for the border.

 
What do you think?
 
 
Tomorrow I need to spend the day getting the border sections cut so I can start sewing!!!
 
 

1 comment:

Burun Estetigi said...

Thank you so much for a well written, easy to understand article on this. It can get really confusing when trying to explain it – but you did a great job. Thank you!burun estetigi