Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2012

Amy's Creative Side is sponsoring the Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2012


Thanks to Amy and the prize sponsors for once again giving us the opportunity to share our quilts at the 2012 Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival.
I can't wait to sit down with a glass of wine and enjoy the show.


The quilt I selected to share is my Spinning Sampler quilt.  For those of you meeting me for the first time, I am an Ohio State Buckeyes alumni and fan.  A number of my quilts are made from Scarlet and Gray fabric, thats where I got the name for my blog

This is a quilt I started after I took a class from Marti Michell using her Perfect Patchwork Templates at the 2010 Lake Farm Park’s Quilt Show. She displayed a number of samplers in class in 12” and 6” sizes. So I started one using my Scarlet and Gray stash that includes twelve 12" blocks on point, with a 24" Carpenter’s Wheel center medallion block.

 
Starting at the top the 12 blocks used in the quilt are Rising Star, Weathervane, Northern Lights, Rosette, Pieced Star, Hidden Star, Rolling Sawtooth Star, Ohio Star, Dutchman’s Pinwheel, Sweet Sixteen, Martha Washington Star, Wild Goose.
 

I used a layout I found in Electric Quilt’s EQ7 and then added a border that includes 200 Flying Geese. I’m not sure what really possessed me to make that many Flying Geese??

I machine pieced the quilt and had it professionally long arm quilted by Jennifer McCann of Galena, Ohio and it measures 80" by 80".  It is eligible for awards in The Favorite Bed quilt and Favorite Professionaly Quilted categories.
 


 
 
 
I'm so glad that I decided to enter the quilt in the 2012 Lake Farm Parks Quilt Show. This is the third quilt I have entered in this show. My quilt actually made it into the video on the website!!
I was so excited when I found out I had won a ribbon!!!


I entered it in the 2012 NQA Quilt Show in Columbus, Ohio.  I hope the Buckeye fans enjoyed my Scarlet and Gray Spinning Sampler.

4 comments:

Marika said...

Quilting Very nice work :)

Alison V. said...

Simply stunning!

CitricSugar said...

Incredibly gorgeous!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

So pretty, in every aspect.