Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Buckeye Sewing Retreat Day 2

Saturday my roommate Judy and I were up early and headed to breakfast around 7:30 a.m.  Breakfast was great; I had a waffle, orange juice and milk.  Then it was back to sewing!!
My table mate wasn’t up yet so I decided to bind my first Judy Niemeyer quilt Desert Sky.  I used the same fabric for this binding as I did on my Bali Breeze.
 

I started the binding and hanging sleeve on one of my Scarlet and Gray Bargello wall hangings, and then we broke at noon for a lunch of Salad, Chicken Noodle Soup, and Pie again!!
 
 
Then it was back to sewing.  I finished both the Bargello wall hangings then it was time for a nap!!  I need to rest my neck and back, prior to The Ohio State Buckeyes football game!!  During the game I sewed down the hanging sleeves on the both of the Bargello wall hangings.
 
After we defeated Penn State I started getting out my paper piecing supplies for my Feathered Star. I had a number of border sections to paper piece.
I did manage to stay up till about 10:30 p.m. without any sewing mistakes or rotary cutter accidents!!
 
My final post will include some of the beautiful projects that some of the quilters worked on this weekend.

No comments: